The Sawmill Rural Business Center is seeking a responsible and energetic Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
Persons with a passion for business, community, economic development and nonprofit work would find this opportunity highly valuable. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to the executive director, clients, members and visitors, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities. A successful Admin Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office. The total number of hours needed are 10-15 hours a week, 2-3 hours per day. The hours of work are during business hours but must allow for evening event support as needed.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Assist in planning meetings/events
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports as needed
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
- Maintain contact lists
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Light housekeeping
- Professional office environment experience
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and Word, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus or if a high school student, three professional references with an explanation of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to run errands as necessary to assist in daily operations and events.
Please submit letters of interest, resume and references via email to email@example.com by March 9th, 2018.